Tuesday, May 12, 2009

International Nurse Day – Memory of Beloved Ma

Happy Nurse Day to all nurses in Malaysia and all over the world. Happy Nurse day to my late mom who was a great nurse I ever known. Missed you a lot..Ma. On this day and for those difficult days I’ve been through and upcoming. Ma started her career as Assistant Nurse in year 1974 if I am not mistaken. But each time she celebrated her career anniversary, we just manage to wish her Happy Anniversary! That time all of us were toddlers then growing up to teens and then as adults. But even after I manage to get a job, ignorance still my best friend and I forgot her career and I didn’t even manage to get her any present. How I regret that. Please forgive me, Ma. But as long as I’ve been her daughter, I noticed Ma was a talkative, high confidence and good in making decision. But those traits were neither inherited by me! Maybe my 4th siblings who my best buddy had got them and that was so obvious that she was a prefect in a boarding school (ingat senang nak jadi prefect kat boarding school?) and now I know lucky fairy on her side to take care of her. Now back to Ma’s story. She was a charitable person. She loves to help those in needs. No matter how broke she was that time but she will always favor others. But one of her attitude that I am a bit sick of it that she always worry about other’s feeling but always ignore about her oneself feeling. I missed her cutting my fingernails, I missed her crab curry dish, I missed all of her cooking and I missed everything about her before I got married. That was a wonderful time I treasure with her. But all that we did slowly fades once I got married and immediately having a baby. Then I started to get angry with Ma, disagree with Ma and every negative side I had on Ma. Until now I’m still thinking about it but still I unanswered. Ma opt for early retirement at age of 52 due to her illness. Cramps, cold feet in every morning, cough, stomach pain and etc. But I thought that was normal for pre-menopause syndrome. I didn’t have time to look after Ma but luckily my sister got a job in Kelantan and she was fully responsible to take care of Ma. Thanks very much to you sis! It wasn’t long enough for Ma to enjoy her retirement as she’s having too many things to think of. About her house, her children and all the problems created by her children (youngest to eldest) inclusive of her husband who was supposed to be Man of the House but the role also went to Ma.But Allah loves Ma very much. Instead to think of many problems…Ma left us peacefully on 26th October 2009 with only 2 grand children. Maybe next baton will be passed to the real Man of the House?

1 comment:

cik puan tya said...

missing her badly :(